The four winds / Kristin Hannah.
- ISBN: 9781250178602
- ISBN: 1250178606
- Physical Description: 454 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Edition: First U.S. edition.
- Publisher: New York : St. Martin's Press, 
- Copyright: ©2021
"Texas, 1921. A time of abundance. The Great War is over, the bounty of the land is plentiful, and America is on the brink of a new and optimistic era. But for Elsa Wolcott, deemed too old to marry in a time when marriage is a woman's only option, the future seems bleak. Until the night she meets Rafe Martinelli and decides to change the direction of her life. With her reputation in ruin, there is only one respectable choice: marriage to a man she barely knows. By 1934, the world has changed; millions are out of work and drought has devastated the Great Plains. Farmers are fighting to keep their land and their livelihoods as crops fail and water dries up and the earth cracks open. Dust storms roll relentlessly across the plains. Everything on the Martinelli farm is dying, including Elsa's tenuous marriage; each day is a desperate battle against nature and a fight to keep her children alive. In this uncertain and perilous time, Elsa - like so many of her neighbors - must make an agonizing choice: fight for the land she loves or leave it behind and go west, to California, in search of a better life for her family."--Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject
- 97 of 141 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 5 of 7 copies available at Bridgeport Public Library.
- 14 current holds with 141 total copies.
Other Formats and Editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Beardsley Branch - Bridgeport||Adult On Order (Text)||acq1206401||Acquisitions||On order||-|
|Black Rock Branch - Bridgeport||FIC HANNAH (Text)||34000147976450||Adult Fiction||Available||-|
|Burroughs-Saden Main - Bridgeport||FIC HANNAH (Text)||34000147976468||Adult Fiction||In transit||-|
|East Side Branch - Bridgeport||FIC HANNAH (Text)||34000147976492||Adult Fiction||Available||-|
|Newfield Branch - Bridgeport||FIC HANNAH (Text)||34000147976476||Adult Fiction||Available||-|
|North Branch - Bridgeport||FIC HANNAH (Text)||34000076370428||Adult New Fiction||Recently Returned||-|
|North Branch - Bridgeport||FIC HANNAH (Text)||34000147976484||Adult Fiction||Available||-|
- Available from Hoopla Flex for Bridgeport Library system patrons. Click to access digital title.
- Instantly available on hoopla. Click here to access.
- Available Online from OverDrive. Click here to download. This OverDrive title is only available to Bridgeport Library card patrons
- Click to access digital title.