The case of the married woman : Caroline Norton and her fight for women's justice / Antonia Fraser.
- ISBN: 9781639361571
- ISBN: 163936157X
- Physical Description: xvii, 286 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (chiefly color), genealogical tables ; 24 cm
- Edition: First Pegasus books cloth edition.
- Publisher: New York : Pegasus Books, 2022.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 247-265) and index.
Relates the story of nineteeth-century English poet Caroline Norton, who was denied access to her children by her husband after a sensational trial for adultery, and fought tirelessly for the rights of married women and mothers, resulting in the passage of the Infant Custody Act of 1839.
Search for related items by subject
- 13 of 13 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Bridgeport Public Library.
- 0 current holds with 13 total copies.